Handling Officer (M/F/X)
Transuniverse Forwarding has been active in the groupage and transport sector since 1983. Over the years, from our offices in Wondelgem, Paris and Romania, we have built up a network of regular customers and loyal agents.
We specialise in groupage to Austria, the Baltic States, Benelux, Cyprus, Eastern Europe, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Iran, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Scandinavia, Switzerland, Maghreb, Algeria, the former Yugoslavia, Turkey and the United States.
Naturally, a growing company always needs more employees. That’s why we’re looking for you!
What does a Handling Officer do?
- Counter function: first point of contact for national drivers and responsible for assigning quays;
- Monitoring the loading and unloading schedule and informing/supporting the warehouse staff;
- Organising loading and unloading lists, in consultation with the operational departments, each with their own specific requirements and according to internal procedures;
- Dealing with and/or drawing up all transport administration documents (customs/CMR etc.) to pass on to the drivers as soon as the trucks have been loaded;
- The collection, checking, release, submission and management of basic data (in the ERP system Navision) and the associated correspondence, according to internal procedures;
- Processing data from the warehouse: with regard numbers/dimensions/weights and making adjustments in agreement with the operational department and reporting damage to the Quality Department; (photos, damage report etc.)
- Classification and digitalisation of transport and company documents according to internal guidelines.
What are your talents and skills?
- You are able to withstand stress, since the work pressure is often high;
- You are an administrative whizz;
- Work hours: 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
What does Transuniverse Forwarding have to offer you?
You will be part of an enthusiastic team in a growing international company! You will receive a competitive salary package supplemented by fringe benefits. There are always career-development opportunities.
Are you convinced you’re the person we need?
Then don’t hesitate to put yourself forward. You can do this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. After that, we’ll invite you to a preliminary meeting.